About The Tree Barn
The Tree Barn is a small family business and Christmas Tree farm in South Oxfordshire. In 2021, we celebrated 50 years selling Christmas Trees and 20 years of our Christmas decorations/gifts shop.
We sell home-grown, freshly cut and pot grown trees from our barn on the farm where you can pick your tree from a wide selection, including multiple varieties to choose from! We also have a Christmas decorations and gifts shop, where you can find everything you need to decorate your tree and home.
We work hard year-round tending our trees and setting-up our shop, but for only a few weeks each year during the run up to Christmas, we open our doors to the public. Throughout those weeks, we aim to supply both beautiful home-grown Christmas Trees as well as a wonderful selection of Christmas related goods in a friendly and relaxed atmosphere to give our customers a very Happy Christmas!
Three times WINNER of British Christmas Tree Growers Association competition for BEST TREE, supplying the outside tree to NO. 10 DOWNING STREET in 2011, 2013 & 2015. Since 2017 we have also decorated and supplied the decorations for the outside tree at Downing Street together with Charlotte Gilbert of Woods Farm Christmas Trees in Birmingham.
The Ingram family featured in Sunday Telegraph Magazine in 2015.
WHAT DO WE DO THE REST OF THE YEAR?
- We plant approximately 17,000 new Christmas trees every year.
- Every one of our Christmas trees over 1m are sheared/pruned by hand at least once a year. Other individual tree care includes leader control, bud pruning, and the application of bird guards and fertiliser.
- Pest and weed management.
- In the summer and autumn, we grade and mark trees for harvest.
- Buying for the decorations/gifts shop starts in January. We have over 80 suppliers from around the world – from Watlington to Ukraine and India – and it takes several months to plan our themes and finalise orders.
- We start receiving stock deliveries at the end of August, and set-up the shop throughout September and October.
- As well as the Christmas trees, we have 350 acres of woodland, 100 acres of wildflower meadows and 80 acres of arable crops on the farm.